Monday, November 1, 2010

Where your heart is

Lately, I've been playing a lot of Bejeweled. I know it is a serious time-waster. At least when my game of choice was Word Challenge, I felt like I was getting a little bit of a mental challenge. Oh well. For better or worse, Bejeweled is the game of the moment for me.

George and Charlie enjoy watching me play. They like to try to find things to point out that I haven't seen yet. They get really disgusted with me when I play somewhere else and mess up "their" move. George started noticing the statistics recently. He's keeping track of my progress and reports to Charlie what the title of my current level is. Charlie, it seems, is enamored with this. He has added "Gem Finder" to his list of what he wants to be when he grows up.

Well, with this in mind, after scripture reading the other night, he said to me, "Mom, do you pray that I can't be a gem finder?" As often happens, he was making a conclusion that I wasn't sure where it came from. So I asked what he meant. "Well, when you pray, you say we shouldn't find treasure on the earth."

I love it when kids listen and process stuff that you don't even think they're paying any attention to. So we took a moment to discuss what it means to seek for treasure in heaven instead of on earth. And how it doesn't really relate to your choice of profession... unless you get too greedy. He's still got Gem Finder on his list.

No comments:

Post a Comment