Saturday, May 29, 2010

Kiddie Tech Support, may I help you?


This morning, George, who is not yet seven years old, got a phone call from one of his friends from his first-grade class. I was fully expecting a little chatting and then, "Mom, can I play when I finish my chores?" But the boys kept talking. And talking. And here's some of the things I heard:

Type f-u-z-z-y-b-u-n-n-y.
Yeah, then you want to click on that red button.
No, type it across the top!
It worked when I did it.

They'd been talking for a little while and I went and got in the shower. Daddy was arranging to borrow his dad's truck so we could go get soil mix for our garden boxes. When I came out of the bathroom, George was in his bedroom, STILL on the phone. He'd put it on speaker. I noticed that the low battery beep had started. I told him that he needed to get off the phone. (Yeah, he could have switched to the wall phone, but isn't 45 minutes long enough for two first graders to be on the phone to each other?) He told his friend that he had to put the phone on the charger, but they could talk again after lunch. Because his friend wasn't done yet. Holy cow! My girls are not going to be the phone hogs, my SON is!

Anyway, I think we'll wait a little while before we have him intern for tech support. But I think he's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment